Medical Science Liaison (MSL) – Germany Rare Diseases
We are a leading pharmaceutical company dedicated to advancing healthcare through innovative research and development. Our commitment to improving patient outcomes drives us to collaborate with healthcare professionals and stakeholders. We are currently seeking a motivated and entrepreneurial Medical Science Liaison to join our team and contribute to our mission of bringing life-changing therapies to patients in the Rare Diseases department.
As a Medical Science Liaison (MSL), you will play a crucial role in building and nurturing relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs), healthcare professionals, and academic institutions within the fields of Haematology, Nephrology, and Neurology. Reporting to the Medical Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for providing scientific and clinical expertise, facilitating two-way communication, and acting as a bridge between our company and the medical community. Your contributions will directly impact the development and communication of medical information, ultimately enhancing patient care and treatment outcomes.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of our products, therapeutic areas (Heamatology, Nephrology, Neurology), and relevant clinical literature.
- Establish strong relationships with KOLs, healthcare professionals, and key academic institutions to understand their needs, gather insights, and disseminate scientific information.
- Serve as a scientific resource by providing timely and accurate responses to medical inquiries from healthcare professionals and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Medical Affairs, Marketing, and Clinical Development, to support the development and execution of medical strategies and plans.
- Organize and participate in advisory boards, medical meetings, and scientific events to facilitate scientific exchange and gather insights.
- Deliver scientific presentations to healthcare professionals, both in one-on-one settings and in group settings.
- Stay up-to-date with clinical developments, market trends, and competitor activities in the relevant therapeutic areas.
- Provide input and contribute to the development of medical materials, including educational resources, slide decks, and publications.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and ethical guidelines in interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, Medicine, or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Medical Science Liaison or in a similar medical affairs role within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experience in Haematology, Nephrology, or Neurology is required. Or experience win the rare disease market
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex scientific information to diverse audiences.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with KOLs and healthcare professionals.
- Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, regulatory environment, and medical practices in Germany.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively.
- Fluency in both German and English languages.
- Flexibility for travel within Germany and occasionally internationally.