Global Clinical Lead, Clinical Development: Infectious Diseases
We’ve partnered with an innovative global pharmaceutical company working on cutting-edge sciences. With marketed products they’re extremely well funded and continue to grow rapidly – having hired over 2000 people in the last 3 years they’re now looking for a Global Clinical Lead, Clinical Development: Infectious Diseases (REMOTE) to assist with their extensive Infectious Diseases pipeline.
This role will play a key role in the development of pipeline programs and will support the evaluation of internal and external opportunities for expanding the pipeline.
- You will play a key role at all stages of development for product programs from the drug discovery stage through product registrations worldwide.
- You will have oversight of ongoing and planned product trials within the Infectious Diseases therapeutic area.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the competitive landscape within Infectious Diseases, including having a perspective on how clinical practice and patient needs are evolving as well as therapeutic area trends and their relevance to the portfolio; Responsible for clinical development’s assessment of both internal and external opportunities to advance the portfolio and actively seeks opportunities to form external partnerships to strengthen our Infectious Diseases portfolio and probability of success.
- Influence and Partnership: Establishes and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with Research, Development, Business Development, and Commercial stakeholders; Establishes and maintains an external network including relationships with the innovation community, medical and scientific organizations, governmental bodies, and patient organizations within Infectious Diseases; Leverages to identify opportunities and sources of innovation; Sets the expectation for and models a collaborative and enterprise mindset.
- Delivery Excellence: Responsible for ensuring that key Infectious Diseases program is aligned with disease area strategies and appropriate activities are prioritized; Facilitates efforts across the therapeutic area and is accountable for the technical execution of programs within the Infectious Diseases portfolio; Supports the operational direction for programs’ clinical research teams within the Infectious Diseases organization, which includes responsibility for scientific and medical aspects of clinical studies such as protocol design, risk-benefit assessment, and medical monitoring.
- Innovation: Thinks creatively and brings innovative solutions to the TA; Identifies and leverages advances in clinical development, where appropriate, such as real-world data, analytics, and innovative trial designs.
- Decision-making: Supports a culture of rigorous data-driven decision making that rewards truth-seeking behavior; Encourages employees to exercise good judgment and embrace decision making; Empowers capable individuals to be accountable decision-makers.
- Communication: Advocates on behalf of us and effectively communicates complex medical/clinical concepts in both written and oral communication to both internal and external stakeholders
What our client is looking for:
- Medical Doctor, DO, or equivalent
- 10+ Years of relevant industry experience within Infectious Diseases, Vaccines, Immunology or equivalent.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically to formulate, develop, and execute clinical plans.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to set the vision, lead change, and mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team to cultivate an inclusive environment of respectful, open, and honest dialogue and to foster a robust sharing of ideas and creative problem-solving.
- Excellent scientific written and oral communication skills.
- Facility with engaging internal and external experts in constructive scientific and clinical dialog around study design, study conduct, and interpretation of clinical results.
- A well-developed sense of integrity, strong work ethic, scrupulous attention to detail, clear ability to establish and maintain timelines, and persistent commitment to ensuring a high level of quality.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to company, scientific, regulatory, investigator, and other meetings.
Interested? Apply below!