The company is a high-tech university spinoff, powering the next wave of Antigen-Specific Immune Tolerance therapy. Their novel Nanodisc platform, currently under collaboration and licensing agreements with Amgen and Gilead, has demonstrated breakthrough efficacy in the gold-standard preclinical models of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Type-1 Diabetes (T1D).
Reporting directly to the CEO, this role presents a unique opportunity to take charge of our R&D program and play a pivotal role in advancing our academic spinoff into a fully industry-ready biotechnology company.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive R&D strategy aligned with the company’s goals and vision.
- Oversee the development and optimization of the Nanodisc platform, leveraging the expertise of the team to achieve key milestones.
- Take ownership of the entire IND package development, ensuring its quality, completeness, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Effectively communicate complex scientific concepts and research findings to diverse audiences, including investors, the board of directors, and external stakeholders.
- Lead and manage a team of scientists, fostering an environment of collaboration, innovation, and growth.
- Transition the scientific team from academic research practices to industry-standard processes and methodologies.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Development, and Manufacturing, to ensure successful progression from R&D to IND (Investigational New Drug) stage.
- Stay updated with advancements in relevant scientific fields, incorporating new findings and technologies into the R&D strategy.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development within the R&D team.
- Deep understanding of autoimmune disease
- Peptide based drug development experience
- Start-up environment experience
- ~20-30% travel / on site
- Entrepreneurial, team building mindset
- PhD Immunology or related field