A dynamic startup in the biotech industry is looking for a Peptide Synthesis Director, focused on developing innovative peptide-based nanomaterials and non-viral gene therapy delivery technologies. We are seeking highly motivated, self-driven individuals to join our team and help drive the overall development and commercialization of these materials.
This is a hybrid role.
Role Responsibilities: Director Peptide Synthesis
- Design, execute, and optimize solid-phase peptide synthesis protocols.
- Manage day-to-day laboratory activities.
- Design, characterize and analyze peptides and nanomaterials using a variety of techniques.
- Contribute to the development of new translational materials and applications.
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve project goals.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments, data, and results.
- Communicate results effectively to team members and stakeholders accordingly.
- BS, MS, or PhD in bioengineering, chemistry, or a generally related field.
- Extensive experience with solid-phase peptide synthesis.
- Expertise in structural biology, computational biology, and related methods and tools.
- Knowledge of nanomaterials and their applications in biology and medicine.
- Understanding of gene therapy landscape and a willingness to immerse in translational biomedical research.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and therefore attention to detail.
- A self-starter mentality.
- Excellent communication and overall collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Hardware engineering and robotics experience therefore a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive equity package.
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and make a significant impact specifically in the biotech industry.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply.